chrysanthemums

I've been perusing for images of chrysanthemums today. This is to go with this layered idea that seems to be surfacing. It was only when i started to look that i realised the thread of influence and significance in my work. I love to look at idea's that have been shelved, again. Sometimes they just need to mature a bit.

Here are some of those ideas i found around my new work space:















Here are some of the images i found on the net:











These silk painting are amazing they remind me of well known paintings of Georgia O'Keefe's










I also found this stamp from a Google search on layered flowers. Imagine i similar element or pattern that you alter the positive and negative shapes in layered etched metal and enamel.

Ill keep you posted with my own development.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The juxtaposition of colour and layers on your wall looks lovely!