Orchids: my continued inspiration.

My weeds to wildflowers body of work is growing at an enormous rate. I've found myself making ranges of what appears to be very similar styled species but the more I look at the flowers varieties the more variations I find within each group. Orchids are one of these and they seem to be shapes within shapes put together like puzzles to make an abundance of choice. When I look at wild orchids there are 1200 - 1400 species to choose from but I've still managed to make a few of my own highbred designs.

Here is a beautiful photo collage of native wild orchids in Australia on: www.cpbr.gov.au



www.cybr.gov.au/indentifyingaustralianorchidgenra
photo collage
by
Identifying Australian orchid Genera

 I still find it fascinating that for every wildflower I find there is a similar looking flower that is considered to be a weed.

Comments