To blog or not to blog?

Well hello there, 

I'ts been a long time coming but I'm back! 

After posing the questions " Are blogs still relevant " to my social groups on  Facebook and getting a lot of mixed feedback with a few really good things to think about.  I took a moment to rely think about this in terms of creative outlay. I it then poses the questions are blog post and the process of posting and writing articles still relevant to me? 

For a long time I've been resisting the tug of a written article choosing an image and Instagram post to say it all, all the more wanting to say more. The process of blogging had become a way to journal a way to talk out loud, much like singing the shower, even if no one is listening just to release the bubbling excitement of creativity into the world. Again there has been some comfort in the image orientated world of Instagram. it has served as my check in, my picture book of time experimentation, highs and lows, and more. However, now that we are in the post Covid fog of 2020 I find myself wanting to say more, do more, help more find their way to a creative happy head space. to take on my motto of " a creative life is a happy life" and I hope by writing again I can encourage myself to find the words for the fine threads of thoughts that I have for my work.

So here we go again.

Slightly different than before but I thought instead of starting a new blog altogether I might just use this  platform for now to get me into the habit of writing again and see where it takes me by the end of the year.  I also thought about filling in the pages from 2015 to 2021 (now) but instead I will link you to my Instagram page and Facebook page and you can catch up as you would like

What to expect from my blog:

  • My process of making, jewellery and painting
  • Inspiring creative process
  • Botanical art in all contemporary forms
  • Inspiring artist
  • news and events
  • links to website and socials


Thanks for reading!

Michelle 

P.s. I've included a short little blooper video I did for a casting for a T.v. series...... many takes later it was submitted. This blog may be a bit the same, so be patient, be kind and lets see where this story takes us together.    





Comments